Someone on facebook shared a knock-off recipe for Starbucks’ Oat Fudge bars, and it looked so yummy, I had to try to tweak the recipe. But, my one attempt at making dairy free sweetened condensed milk burned, and I didn’t have time to try again, so I tried it without and Hubby says he’d like to eat the whole pan. I think that means he likes them.
- 1/2cup coconut oil (or shortening)
- 2cups chocolate chips
- 3/4cup dairy free milk of choice
When smooth, add in 1 tsp of vanilla and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, cream together
- 3/4c white sugar
- 3/4c brown sugar
- 1c coconut oil (or shortening)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1c fluff flour (equal parts any combination of tapioca, potato starch, white rice flour, arrowroot or cornstarch. – I usually pick 3)
- 1c GEMS flour (or whole grain gf flours of choice.
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 3c gluten free oats
- 2Tbsp flax meal (optional )
Spread 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking pan. Top with chocolate mixture. Sprinkle remaining third of the oat mixture overtop.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.